Beardler Baber Shop
The owners of a local, family-owned business approached Qualiart Creative & Marketing Agency for a combination of search engine optimisation services and content creation.
Moreover, the owners recognised the need to differentiate the company in terms of its words and its appearance. We call this verbal branding (verbal and written words) and visual (logo, colours, etc.) branding. The owners wanted to begin to target a specific niche.
Scope of the Project
- Brand Identity
- Logo Design
- Corporate Stationery
To begin, we used our brand identity questions to help the clients:
- Clearly detail their target customer segments
- Identify and differentiate themselves from top competitors (we researched each one in depth)
- Describe their company values
- Shape the brand personality
- Recognize the customers’ pain points and the solutions the company offered
From there, we clearly defined the unique value proposition—what the company offers that the competition does not.
Our graphic designer reviewed the brand identity information to begin the creative design process. From there, she created 10 different logo concepts we would present to the client—exceeding the typical expectation of three to five different logo concepts.
Some of these were those the client had prescribed or requested. Additionally, she also created options we believed would further advance and differentiate the brand.
In the next round, we whittled the options down to six different logos. Note the descriptive copy below each logo and how it conveys elements that we believed differentiated the brand.
In the end, we combined the font from logo a concept with the icon and colours from another logo concept.
Once the brand logo was approved, our graphic designer created the following:
- Logo spec sheet: specifications that identify the color numbers for Pantone (PMS), Processs (CMYK), RGB, and hexidecimal (HTML); and under what circumstances to use each type of file
- Logos in multiple formats including:
- CMYK .eps for four-color processing;
- PMS .eps for spot color, PMS printing;
- RGB .png for websites, PowerPoints, Word documents, and/or where a transparent background is needed;
- RGB .jpg for websites, PowerPoints, Word documents, and/or where a white background is suitable.
- Favicon or icon in a .png format for use as a favicon on websites or as an icon on social media accounts.